EMP certification is available to industry professionals who are responsible for managing and continually improving energy performance in commercial buildings. The scope of the EMP program is aligned with the Energy Management Professional consensus qualifications guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Plan effective energy management
- Manage energy information
- Implement energy management programs
- Manage budgets and finances
- Implement energy efficient projects
- Manage energy communications
Steps to becoming EMP Certified:
- Review the information regarding the EMP certification program, including details about how to prepare for the examination. Download EMP Handbook
- Register for the EMP Examination. Download EMP Application
- Take and pass the EMP Exam.
Approved candidates for the Energy Management Professional Exam will be able to take the exam through a world-wide network of 900 local testing centers. Interested candidates can find a center near them by using EMA’s vendor Kryterion’s test center locator.
Individuals employed by an EMA member company, or by a company that has submitted a completed application EMP Application & Exam Fee $500. All other individuals, $750.
For more information contact Ed Armstrong at 202 737-1334 or email: email@example.com